Apply now to the Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering
Undergraduate Admissions Update – College of Engineering
There will be no Spring 2010 admissions to SJSU.
Fall 2010 admissions applications are accepted October 1 through November 30, 2009 at CSUMentor (http://www.csumentor.edu/).
SJSU College of Engineering admissions is not based on county of residence. Resident students from anywhere in California, as well as non-residents, are eligible for admission to the College of Engineering.
For some "impacted" engineering majors (CmpE, EE, GE, CE, ME, AE), the threshold of eligibility for California residents has been raised to the following:
- Frosh applicants: a minimum eligibility index of 3200 (SAT-based) or 760 (ACT-based).
- Transfer applicants: a minimum GPA of 2.6 is required.
- For both frosh and transfer applicants, preparation for engineering may also be considered in the admissions process. Students who have completed, or are completing, appropriate math, science or engineering courses in either high school or community college may be given preference in the admissions process.
For "non-impacted" engineering majors (ChE, MatE, ISE, SE, Av and Tech), the eligibility requirements are the same as for the rest of the University:
- Frosh applicants: a minimum eligibility index of 2900 (SAT-based) or 694 (ACT-based).
- Transfer applicants: a minimum GPA of 2.0 is required.
Note that Changes of Major will not be allowed for the first year at SJSU. Change of Major into impacted majors is not guaranteed at any time.
Location: ENG 344
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm
(closed 12pm - 1pm)
Academic Advising Services
- General Education
- Probation Advising
- Graduation Planning
- General Advising
Career Coaching Services
(Walk-in Tuesdays: 1:30pm – 3:30pm)
- Resume & Cover Letter Critique
- Job & Internship Search Tips
- General Career Tips
- Interviewing Tips