The CoE welcomes submissions to its website for the purpose of providing important information to students, faculty, staff, alumni, industry and interested parties. As the world becomes more dependent upon the internet as a source for reliable information, it is helpful to institute a set of criteria for posting information. Depending upon what category of information to which you are posting, there are some specific criteria to consider.
News Category Criteria w/examples:
- External awards (e.g. Nobel prize)
- Competitive Grants (e.g. NSF grant)
- Student Success (e.g. ZEM Team)
- Faculty Development (e.g. McMullin & PS3)
- Leading-edge Engineering (e.g. Nanotech or Biomed)
- Innovation (e.g. Dr. Xiao Su Web Video Conferencing)
- Globalization (e.g. Engineers without Borders)
- Significant alumni achievements & recognition (e.g. Nishimura appointed CEO of Solectron)
- Timely (relatively recent news – e.g. President Bush visits campus)
- Fundraising success or collaboration (e.g. Babbage Grant from Synopsys)
Events Calendar Category Criteria w/examples:
- CoE-related events. Consider: size of audience, impact on CoE, regularly held events (e.g. CoE commencement) and special, newsworthy events.
- No past events and only current semester and one semester ahead
Events can now be submitted online here. Once submitted they will be reviewed and determined to be relevant, and published onto the events calendar, and most likely the digital billboard in the lobby of the Engineering building.
Video/Photo Gallery and All Images Criteria w/examples:
- Events/functions that have a significant impact on the CoE, such as
Commencement, SVLS, CoE Awards Banquet.
- Video, photos, and images should be consistent with the look and quality of the CoE website, e.g. PR-quality 72 dpi JPG images. Please consult with the editor and webmaster before the event when planning to post video, photos, and images.
For all other website categories, information should be directly related to the category. For instance, information posted to the Students category should be relevant and useful to students.